Wednesday, April 30, 2014

36 Weeks

"Unsure of what the balance held,
I touched my belly, overwhelmed
by what I had been chosen to perform.
But, then an angel came one day,
told me to kneel down and pray. . . ."
-Lauryn Hill



Dear baby K,
The lyrics in the song above reflect how I feel some days. . . .there are times when I can't believe that God has chosen me to be a mommy to all of you, times when I wonder how it will all fall into place. . . and then I remember Peter's words and I begin to pray:

 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time, 
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
-1 Peter 5:6-7
 
 
So, it's not about me and what I think I can do and what I think I can handle. . .it's about mommy trusting God, humbling myself before Him, and telling Him all about my concerns. Our God cares for us, sweet girl, and He wants us to tell Him all about it. And so I do.

And when I do, I feel so much better because He reassures, He reaffirms, He comforts, He sustains, He provides, He cares. . .

My excitement to see you grows with each day but I'm trying to remain calm and take it one day at a time. The doctor told me that I am 1-2cm dilated; before we count that as "progress" it's actually the "norm" for me since it's my 7th pregnancy. So we just wait patiently on the Lord and I know you'll come at an appointed time.

I love you sweet girl. Time is ticking. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment