Monday, January 6, 2014

20 Weeks

We went to the doctor today so I could check on you. Your heart is beating nice and strong and is music to my ears. I took one of your brothers with us. Let me tell you, he just smiled and showed his 3 little teeth to all the nurses and the doctor. (What a flirt!) He’s only 9 1/2 months right now and has no idea that he’s already a big brother. He’s wonderful and you’ll be glad to meet him.

You are just rolling and tumbling and bumping around these days and I love it. It is such a blessing and a miracle to hold life inside!

Earlier in the pregnancy, I felt a bit discouraged because of the rude comments we sometimes receive because our family is on the larger side. (Mama has to work on not being so concerned with what people say!) Any way, look at this beautiful passage of Scripture God showed me: 

“They shall build houses and inhabit them;

They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

They shall not build and another inhabit;

They shall not plant and another eat;

For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,

And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

They shall not labor in vain,

Nor bring forth children for trouble;

For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,

And their offspring with them.”

-Isaiah 65:21-23

Sweet baby girl, that gave me so much comfort! Our God is just sweet like that. You are not trouble to your Daddy and me, but a gracious gift from God.

I love you. Good night.